Acu-detox – (20 CEUs) March 26th 3 days
This course is designed to prepare you in the auricular acupuncture method for treating addiction, digital addiction, and withdrawals. Upon completion, students can be certified by the Az State Board of Acupuncture and work as an ADS (Acu-detox Specialist).
- March 26th, 5:00 – 9:00 (virtual)
- March 27th, 8:00 – 5:00 (virtual & live)
- March 28th, 8:00 – 5:00 (live)
This course will be offered again on April 23, 24 & 25th same times and price!
This course will provide the knowledge, skills, and ability to:
- Demonstrate via written and practical exam the 5-point auricular acupuncture protocol for addiction treatment using Clean Needle Technique. While being able to perform at least 20 treatments in a 4 hour period using good point location and technique.
- Explain the uses and limitations of acu-detox treatment while being able to demonstrate the respect, sensitivity, and compassion required to work in the acu-detox field.
- Demonstrate an understanding and comply with the limited scope of practice and other ethical principles of acu-detox. While demonstrating the understanding of acu-detox’s role in relation and in conjunction with a larger addiction treatment team
- Understand the communal treatment effect and maintain an appropriate atmosphere. While demonstrating recognize the pyscho-spiritual nature of recovery and respect and support the client’s internal process.
- Demonstrate the ability to modify treatments appropriately and respond to “needle shock” should it occur and be able to write chart notes re. status, treatment is given, and response.
- Demonstrate the understanding of addiction and the acu-detox protocol from the Chinese medicine perspective (Qi, yin/yang, empty fire).
Cancellations made less than 7 calendar days prior to the first day will receive a 50% refund less $40.00 admin fee. In the unlikely event that PIHMA has to cancel the CE due to insufficient enrollment, or for some other unforeseen reason, registrants will receive a full refund.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Assessments Yes