This course is designed to prepare you in the auricular acupuncture method for treating addiction, digital addiction, and withdrawals. Upon completion, students can be certified by the AZ State Board of Acupuncture and work as a Licensed Auricular Acupuncturist.
Dates: November 5-7th
Times: November 5th 5pm-9pm, November 6th 9am-5pm, November 7 9am-5pm
Location: PIHMA Campus
This course will provide the knowledge, skills, and ability to:
- Demonstrate via written and practical exam the 5-point auricular acupuncture protocol for addiction treatment using Clean Needle Technique. While being able to perform at least 20 treatments in a 4 hour period using good point location and technique.
- Explain the uses and limitations of acu-detox treatment while being able to demonstrate the respect, sensitivity, and compassion required to work in the acu-detox field.
- Demonstrate an understanding and comply with the limited scope of practice and other ethical principles of acu-detox. While demonstrating the understanding of acu-detox’s role in relation and in conjunction with a larger addiction treatment team
- Understand the communal treatment effect and maintain an appropriate atmosphere. While demonstrating recognize the pyscho-spiritual nature of recovery and respect and support the client’s internal process.
- Demonstrate the ability to modify treatments appropriately and respond to “needle shock” should it occur and be able to write chart notes re. status, treatment is given, and response.
- Demonstrate the understanding of addiction and the acu-detox protocol from the Chinese medicine perspective (Qi, yin/yang, empty fire).
Toni Bennalley, LAc.:
Toni Bennalley, L.A.c currently practices in Goodyear and Peoria. Before becoming a Licensed Acupuncturist, she worked 14 years as a Senior Pharmacy Technician and trainer. She received an honorary diploma from the Chengdu University in Chengdu China, before graduating from the Phoenix Institute of Herbal Medicine & Acupuncture (PIHMA) in 2001. She trained with NADA in 2004 and is currently supervisor for Native American Connections and TERROS Acupuncture in Phoenix. She was appointed to the Arizona State Board of Acupuncture in 2007 as a Board member and served as a Secretary and Chairperson for many years. She left Banner Health Services at Estrella hospital in 2011 after serving as a staff Acupuncturist for seven years to re-establish her own practice. She has served as a PIHMA Clinic Supervisor and Professor for various classes in the Acupuncture and Herbal programs and also served as a Clinic Department Chair & Dean. In February 2016 she was elected to the CCAOM Clean Needle Technique board and currently serves as CNT Instructor. Toni is fun, engaging, and a highly-rated instructor!
Cancellations made less than 7 calendar days prior to the first day will receive a 50% refund less $40.00 admin fee. In the unlikely event that PIHMA has to cancel the CE due to insufficient enrollment, or for some other unforeseen reason, registrants will receive a full refund.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 days
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Assessments Yes